Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping Drop Box Chennai - Passport Returned no 221G form & No Stamping

Hello All,

Need a quick information regarding Dropbox H1 stamping at Chennai consulate.

I applied for H1 Stamping at Chennai Consulate last week. I received my Passports back but there is no Stamping done as well as there is no 221G form given with passport.
    Passport handling agency says they do not have any information.

Online Status shows as "Administrative Processing"

I am kind of lost, what should be my next steps? did anyone face similar issue?
    Please share your experience if you had or heard of such cases.

Thank you so much.

Generally, if they have returned passport means that they are performing a background check in regards to your H1B and your employer which may take couple of weeks or more and they may call/email you back to submit any other docs if required(LCA,Client letter, Paystubs etc) along with your passport for in person interview. We can't do anything but have patience and just wait. By the way, is your employer a small consulting firm or any MNC? if a consulting firm, they check for employer tax filings, his documentation etc and it may take time. If you don't hear anything until 60 days, then you may reach out to consulate or ask your employer to check from his end.

It's not necessary that this is how it goes for all cases and they may turn out much quickly too...All am saying is only one of the possibilities which is kind of general observation. This Admin processing is a 'black box' which no one knows exactly. But, don't get panic and have patience and I hope it'll be sorted out smoothly. Do post your update so that other guys can get some info.

Good Luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X