Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will reckless driving arrest affect my H1B visa stamping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will reckless driving arrest affect my H1B visa stamping?

Hi All,

I was arrested and finger-printed in virginia for reckless driving under misdemeanor (apparently misdemeanor is a crime in VA). It was the first and only arrest, court hearing date is in Aug and my lawyer will be trying to get it reduced to a speeding ticket. I just got H1B visa approved and planning to go to India in Dec for visa stamping.

1. How will the reckless driving arrest affect the visa stamping?

2. Should I disclose this to my employer assuming I get 221g and it takes weeks(?) to get the visa stamped since I might be missing on work? Or take a chance of not disclosing it hoping that there will be no 221g?

Originally posted by tennischamp01 View Post
    Hi All,

I was arrested and finger-printed in virginia for reckless driving under misdemeanor (apparently misdemeanor is a crime in VA). It was the first and only arrest, court hearing date is in Aug and my lawyer will be trying to get it reduced to a speeding ticket. I just got H1B visa approved and planning to go to India in Dec for visa stamping.

1. How will the reckless driving arrest affect the visa stamping?

2. Should I disclose this to my employer assuming I get 221g and it takes weeks(?) to get the visa stamped since I might be missing on work? Or take a chance of not disclosing it hoping that there will be no 221g?
    About How will reckless driving affect my H1B visa stamping?
    Hello Tennis Champ,
    Can you please tell what happened to your case?

Any information would be a lot of help.
    Thank you
    Last edited by ceci1073; 07-22-2020, 09:13 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

Hello,

Can you share your experience?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...