Consular Notification Travel Requirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consular Notification Travel Requirement

I have my visa transfer in?process with employer A. I am working at the client location through employer A. I managed to get a new job (full time) through employer B. So employer B filed the H1 transfer through ?Consular Notification?. employer B is saying that, I could not start working for the new job until, I cross the border and reenter with new I-797.

1. Can I travel to neighboring countries like Canada. I have visitor visa for Canada.
    2. Do I need to go for new stamping on the visa before reentering? I have a visa stamped on my passport till March 2019.
    3. Would the transfer process through employer A halted as employer B filed the new transfer through consular notify OR it would be go its own course?

Thanks.

Originally posted by h1bguy2010 View Post
    I have my visa transfer in?process with employer A. I am working at the client location through employer A. I managed to get a new job (full time) through employer B. So employer B filed the H1 transfer through ?Consular Notification?. employer B is saying that, I could not start working for the new job until, I cross the border and reenter with new I-797.

1. Can I travel to neighboring countries like Canada. I have visitor visa for Canada.
    2. Do I need to go for new stamping on the visa before reentering? I have a visa stamped on my passport till March 2019.
    3. Would the transfer process through employer A halted as employer B filed the new transfer through consular notify OR it would be go its own course?

Thanks.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I am planning to visit Canada upon the successful transfer through consular processing. Do I need visa stamping prior entering USA, in Consular processing option?

Comment

Originally posted by h1bguy2010 View Post
        Thanks for the reply.

I am planning to visit Canada upon the successful transfer through consular processing. Do I need visa stamping prior entering USA, in Consular processing option?
        that would be a question for USCIS, generally speaking the answer would be yes but I am not a legal attorney so I would ask that you not take my answer as fact.
        This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X