Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay after i-94 expiry while l-h adjustment of status is pending

Hi,

I am currently on L1 visa and my i-94 is expiring on 11-Oct-2018. I had applied L-H1 Adjustment of Status application this yea r(2018) and my H1 petition is picked up in the lottery.

Questions:
    1. Can I stay in US after i-94 expiry while L-H adjustment of status is pending with USCIS?
    (With the current trend, we see many RFEs on H1 petition and the processing gets delayed)

2. Can I file L1 extension while L-H adjustment of status is pending with USCIS ? So that in case, If my H1 is not approved I can still continue on L1

Originally posted by Naveenraj View Post
    Hi,

I am currently on L1 visa and my i-94 is expiring on 11-Oct-2018. I had applied L-H1 Adjustment of Status application this yea r(2018) and my H1 petition is picked up in the lottery.

Questions:
    1. Can I stay in US after i-94 expiry while L-H adjustment of status is pending with USCIS?
    (With the current trend, we see many RFEs on H1 petition and the processing gets delayed)

2. Can I file L1 extension while L-H adjustment of status is pending with USCIS ? So that in case, If my H1 is not approved I can still continue on L1
    It's called "Change of Status" not "Adjustment of Status" (which is the process of getting permanent residency in the US).

1. Yes, you can stay in the US while the Change of Status is pending, as long as it was filed before your status ended.
    2. I am not sure that's a good idea, because you don't know the order in which they will be approved.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X