Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B/H4 Visa Interview - Passport renewal - DS160 passport details changed

Hello All,

I have scheduled my H1-B & my wife's H4 visa interview together in September (2018). I realized my Passport will expire in March 2019 and I am thinking of applying for new passport while in USA.

My question is,
    1. If I apply for a new passport - there will be a change in passport details in DS-160 and the ustraveldocs visa interview scheduling site. Since my old passport will be void after new passport is issued, will this affect my Visa interview schedule? There will be change in my passport details as per the US Consulate.
    2. Do I need to re-schedule my visa interview schedule and pay for the interview again for me and my wife again?

Please let me know if you had the same experience. Thanks in advance.

What did you do finally?

Comment

Hi Member,

1. If I apply for a new passport - there will be a change in passport details in DS-160 and the ustraveldocs visa interview scheduling site. Since my old passport will be void after new passport is issued, will this affect my Visa interview schedule? There will be change in my passport details as per the US Consulate.
      Answer: There will not have any issues if passport number got changed. While going for stamping, it will be rectified at their office.. When you go for Biometrics, they will help you to resolve these mistakes.
      2. Do I need to re-schedule my visa interview schedule and pay for the interview again for me and my wife again?
      Answer: Not required.. Just go with existing scheduled date and it will be resolved at the time of Biometrics day itself.

Thanks

Comment

I'm in similar situation.

I’m an Indian citizen working on an H1-B visa(Currently in the USA) for the employer A and scheduled the dropbox appointment in March 2022 using employer A latest approved H1 petition number. Now I got another offer from another employer B and they’re filing the H1 transfer + premium processing now and hopefully it will be processed in Feb.

Consider if Employer B petition is approved, Can I create a new DS160 using Employer B approved H1 petition details and share the new DS160 at dropbox interview for the stamping even though initially given DS160 details got changed? Will it be okay ? Can you please advise.

How to update the recently approved H1 petition details in both DS160 and VFS Dropbox interview request? I understand that we need to create new DS160 using new petition number and take it with you for the dropbox, but how did you update the new H1 petition number on Dropbox interview request ? Could you please advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X