Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent: Travelling abroad while RFE is in process for H1B Amendment (for LCA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Travelling abroad while RFE is in process for H1B Amendment (for LCA)

Hi All,

I have been deputed from Location A to Location B recently and my employer filed a new LCA. Hence the H1B Amendment. But I got an RFE for this and I have submitted all(so many) the necessary documents and submitted them to the USCIS. I got the EAC # from the USCIS as well. When I track, it says:

"On June 28, 2018, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC YYYY YYYY XX. Our Vermont Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Question:
    - Can I travel abroad for 9 days when the situation is like this? My H1B visa is valid till Aug 2019. Few are saying that, If you travel abroad, your case gets denied and you have to travel back to the old location A. Is this true?
    - What is the processing time at the Vermont Service center if you have any experience? This is not premium though. USCIS website says 3 weeks - 4 months.

Please advise. I cannot postpone my travel.

Thanks in Advance.

Originally posted by San237 View Post
    Hi All,

I have been deputed from Location A to Location B recently and my employer filed a new LCA. Hence the H1B Amendment. But I got an RFE for this and I have submitted all(so many) the necessary documents and submitted them to the USCIS. I got the EAC # from the USCIS as well. When I track, it says:

"On June 28, 2018, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC YYYY YYYY XX. Our Vermont Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Question:
    - Can I travel abroad for 9 days when the situation is like this? My H1B visa is valid till Aug 2019. Few are saying that, If you travel abroad, your case gets denied and you have to travel back to the old location A. Is this true?
    - What is the processing time at the Vermont Service center if you have any experience? This is not premium though. USCIS website says 3 weeks - 4 months.

Please advise. I cannot postpone my travel.

Thanks in Advance.
    Yes you can as long as you have a valid stamped visa on your passport. Have the amendment receipt notice with you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X