H1 extension Visa stamping using dropbox at New Delhi consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension Visa stamping using dropbox at New Delhi consulate

On 1st Aug we submitted our passports and documents at the dropbox location. 2nd Aug the CEAC website showed status as "necessary administrative processing" and since then the status has not changed. Our return flight tickets are currently booked for 14th Aug and not sure what to do next. Calling/emailing the CGI Visa center, we get a standard response "please wait".

Is anyone else facing the same situation? Kindly let me know if there is anything else that we can do to understand the visa status.
    kindly help..

any update

Hi

Have you received any update yet ? I submitted my docs on Aug 13 and it has been 2 weeks by now, the status still shows that your application has been received on Aug 20.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by CSYMK View Post
    On 1st Aug we submitted our passports and documents at the dropbox location. 2nd Aug the CEAC website showed status as "necessary administrative processing" and since then the status has not changed. Our return flight tickets are currently booked for 14th Aug and not sure what to do next. Calling/emailing the CGI Visa center, we get a standard response "please wait".

Is anyone else facing the same situation? Kindly let me know if there is anything else that we can do to understand the visa status.
    kindly help..
    did you receive any update yet ? I am also in same situation. I dropped my passport at dropbox on Aug 13 but there is no update yet. Onsite status shows "application received on Aug 20"

Comment

Originally posted by guptamanish View Post
      Hi

Have you received any update yet ? I submitted my docs on Aug 13 and it has been 2 weeks by now, the status still shows that your application has been received on Aug 20.

- - - Updated - - -

did you receive any update yet ? I am also in same situation. I dropped my passport at dropbox on Aug 13 but there is no update yet. Onsite status shows "application received on Aug 20"
      Manish,
      On 22nd Aug, my passports were returned to us with a white slip asking to come to the embassy for fingerprinting. We went to the embassy on 23rd and completed fingerprinting. 24th evening the CEAC website changed status to "Issued", but the customer support site (to track passport status) is still showing old status "your passports have been picked up" (this status was updated when they sent the passports back for fingerprinting). We are waiting for our passports to be sent back to us.

Regards,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X