Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B general question

Hi

Recenly i have applied for H1b for my brother. I have an EAC number for that.but the status says it was received on May 31st. As per the USCIS update quota was over on MAY 26th 2006.

So what does this mean? since we got an EAC number for this application it means this is accepted or USCIS will give EAC number for every application no matter what quota is over or not?

Thanks in advance for your help?

You would get EAC only when it is accepted for this year.

Comment

Regarding getting an appointment with the Consulate

Hi

Recenly i have applied for H1b for few candidates. I have an Receipt EAC number for that but the status says it was received on June 1st.
      Could any one let me know that if i can go ahead and book an appointment with consulate keeping the receipt number?
      It would be great if any helps me out the steps that should be done to book an appointment with the consulate.

Waiting for your replies

Thanks

Comment

Not True

Hello,

Last year I had my EAC#. My H1 did not get approved as the filing date was 11 Auguest. However my employeer filed the papers on Auguest 9th.

I could not get H1B, my papers returned back.

Vermount center is a waste.. That branch donot have auotmated process to file the application. I would not keep home on Vermount center at all.

They have bad track record for handling H1B Cases.

If you are lucky, you will get through.

Thanks,
        Laxmi

Comment

Hi,

Can we book the appointment with the EAC number or do we need to wait till the petition get approved?

Thanks

Comment

USCIS will issue the EAC# only when the application is accepted for this year. Now that you have recd ur EAC# relax and wait for USCIS decision. Not every applicant will get a EAC # if the quota is over.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X