Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 approved, now what? First-time applicant needs help

Hi,

I am a first-time applicant for the H1. I graduated in Dec 2005 (F-1, undergraduate) but did not have sufficient time on my OPT to see me through till October. My employer was willing to wait till October for me to return so I have a job waiting for me. So I returned to India.
    They filed a petition with premium processing (2007 quota). It has been approved and I have the approval number (not the notice, that is in the mail).

My question is: now what?

When can I schedule an appointment for getting my visa stamp? When can I return to the US?
    I have called the embassy in new delhi, and the agency that handles the scheduling, a million times. And each time i get the same response - "ma'am just pay the fees at a designated hdfc branch, take an appointment, and if your visa is approved you can start work in the US immediately!"
    They all claim I can start work before October 1st in the US on an H1 approved under the 2007 quota, which even I know is rubbish.

The lawyers at my employer aren't very helpful, and I don't know anyone who has been in a similar situation. So any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

Also, the only jobs I have previously held were part-time on-campus jobs when I was a student and a full-time summer internship. Am I still required to provide reccomendations and contact info from these jobs?

Please please please help. I know these are probably very straightforward simple foolish questions, but I am very confused.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by smrhelp
    Hi,

I am a first-time applicant for the H1. I graduated in Dec 2005 (F-1, undergraduate) but did not have sufficient time on my OPT to see me through till October. My employer was willing to wait till October for me to return so I have a job waiting for me. So I returned to India.
    They filed a petition with premium processing (2007 quota). It has been approved and I have the approval number (not the notice, that is in the mail).

My question is: now what?

When can I schedule an appointment for getting my visa stamp? When can I return to the US?
    I have called the embassy in new delhi, and the agency that handles the scheduling, a million times. And each time i get the same response - "ma'am just pay the fees at a designated hdfc branch, take an appointment, and if your visa is approved you can start work in the US immediately!"
    They all claim I can start work before October 1st in the US on an H1 approved under the 2007 quota, which even I know is rubbish.

The lawyers at my employer aren't very helpful, and I don't know anyone who has been in a similar situation. So any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

Also, the only jobs I have previously held were part-time on-campus jobs when I was a student and a full-time summer internship. Am I still required to provide reccomendations and contact info from these jobs?

Please please please help. I know these are probably very straightforward simple foolish questions, but I am very confused.

Thanks!!

I guess you do not need to provide reccomendations and contact info from the on-campus jobs. They dont care as long as you were a student during that time. I guess you can schedule appointment before October 1 st but not sure is you can enter US before October 1st.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X