h4 rejected??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h4 rejected??

My spouse's h1 and my h4 expired Aug 12 this year. His h1b extension beyond 6 years got approved before that. I sent my H4 extension around Jul 20. It was rejected on date Aug 10th and I received the letter today.

The rejection letter says "your i539, fees, and any supporting doc is being returned to you for the following reason--the payment amount is incorrect or has not been provided".

My check has been cashed two days after the dated rejection date. The check amount was $370. Is the h4 extension fee no longer $370? And the letter says the fee is being returned. But they cashed the check already.

What should I do now? The letter says i can resubmit the application with the correct fee. Do I need to pay the fee again? Can I request the fee to be refunded?

Also the receipt notice date is Jul 27. If I resubmit now it's already after my h4 expired (Aug 12). Will the receipt notice date be the same as Jul 27 or the new date they receive the resubmission?

I'm also 485 pending. I guess now my status is already AOS since h4 extension is rejected and my last h4 expired?

Thanks for any input.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X