Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Status

Hi Everyone

I am currently on H4 Visa which is expiring in September end. My h4 was renewed and the i have new i-797 which is valid till September 2021 with updated I-94. After renewal, I had to travel to india for some urgent work and I re-entered US on my old H4. The I-94 that was issued to me at entry is valid only till September end 2018. As the new I-94 was issued after renewal, Will it be valid only till September 2018 ? or I can still stay in US on the renewed I797 which has I-94 valid till 2021

Thanks

Originally posted by MGVP View Post
    Hi Everyone

I am currently on H4 Visa which is expiring in September end. My h4 was renewed and the i have new i-797 which is valid till September 2021 with updated I-94. After renewal, I had to travel to india for some urgent work and I re-entered US on my old H4. The I-94 that was issued to me at entry is valid only till September end 2018. As the new I-94 was issued after renewal, Will it be valid only till September 2018 ? or I can still stay in US on the renewed I797 which has I-94 valid till 2021

Thanks
    Yes, it will only be valid until September 2018, and you cannot stay past that, unless an extension is filed or you leave and re-enter and get a new I-94. When you left the US, your previous I-94 ceased to exist, and when you returned, you were admitted anew with a new I-94, and that is the I-94 that governs your current stay.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X