Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Consular Notification

Hi,

I have a Petition filed by Emp A (Service Company) from India to work at a location ABC which was approved. Later, before I traveled to USA, i changed project and an amendment was filed on existing approval notice to start my work at location XYZ. upon receipt of the acknowledgement, I got my Visa stamped for the location XYZ (amendment related one) and started working at location XYZ in USA.

Now, I have a job offer from EMP B (Product company in US). They are willing to file a H1B Transfer but only after my amendment is adjudicated. When I pushed them to go ahead with the transfer before this, they have agreed to file a Consular notification (New H1B). The consular petition was filed couple of days back in Premium.

I need help in understanding the risks of this approach.

Apart from going back to India to get my Visa stamped, do I have any other unknown issues with the consular notification of this kind.

Also, if my petition with EMP B is approved, how long am I allowed to work with the current EMP A and how long can I stay in USA after I quit my job with EMP A and before I travel to India to get the Visa stamping.

Today on Tuesday USCIS has issued new policy by which any minor and minimum error in any application will be refused. No more notices from USCIS to correct the errors. The **** *al wall is now more invisible to stop legal immigrants of all types. You need to talk to Attorny

Comment

H1B Consular Notification

Originally posted by hkaramat View Post
      Today on Tuesday USCIS has issued new policy by which any minor and minimum error in any application will be refused. No more notices from USCIS to correct the errors. The **** *al wall is now more invisible to stop legal immigrants of all types. You need to talk to Attorny
      Yeah that's what I would like to understand. What are the issues with Consular notification V/S COS in my case? Sorry but could you please help with the answers for my questions in my original post.

Comment

H1B Consular Notification

Originally posted by rnalumachu View Post
        Hi,

I have a Petition filed by Emp A (Service Company) from India to work at a location ABC which was approved. Later, before I traveled to USA, i changed project and an amendment was filed on existing approval notice to start my work at location XYZ. upon receipt of the acknowledgement, I got my Visa stamped for the location XYZ (amendment related one) and started working at location XYZ in USA.

Now, I have a job offer from EMP B (Product company in US). They are willing to file a H1B Transfer but only after my amendment is adjudicated. When I pushed them to go ahead with the transfer before this, they have agreed to file a Consular notification (New H1B). The consular petition was filed couple of days back in Premium.

I need help in understanding the risks of this approach.

Apart from going back to India to get my Visa stamped, do I have any other unknown issues with the consular notification of this kind.

Also, if my petition with EMP B is approved, how long am I allowed to work with the current EMP A and how long can I stay in USA after I quit my job with EMP A and before I travel to India to get the Visa stamping.
        Could someone please answer my queries. I'm in need of some help with this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X