Employment termination. need help with H4 visa interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment termination. need help with H4 visa interview

I was working on h1b and my I-140 has been approved. On Sept 5, my employer notified me of employment termination and notified USCIS about the same on Sept 8. My I-797 also expired on Sept 8.I got engaged on Aug 4. My fiance is also on h1b and her green card process has not been started. My parents have green card and brother is a citizen. We were planning to get married(court marriage) in US in November.But due to the unforeseen circumstances, we decided to get married on 9/13 , right before I traveled to India(Sept 16). We invited a few friends to our wedding but, family could not make it on such a short notice.I am planning to apply for h4 visa and want to be very careful with my application. I have following questions.
    1. Should I mention about 8 days of overstay in US in DS-160? If yes, should I mention the reason as liability of house, loans, car etc.
    2. We have traditional engagement pictures with family and court marriage picture with friends. We have a US marriage certificate. Is this enough to prove that our's is a bona fide marriage.
    3. If VO asks will you work after going to states, should I say No and if Vo asks why, Can I say We are newly married and want to support my wife as she wants to continue with her job for some more time. Also, we have a property and loans which we need take care of.
    4. If VO asks what will you do in states. Should I say I will initially be busy with property and loan matters and later I will do volunteer work in my free time, help my wife with household work.
    5.Are you planning to do traditional wedding. "No"
    6.In DS-160, there is a question regarding length of stay. What should we fill in as answer?
    7. If VO asks why did not your wife travel with you. Answer: Her petition was pending decision and she had job responsibilities to fulfill.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X