H-1B to L-1A Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B to L-1A Conversion

I am currently on H-1b , just completed 2 years , My extension needs to be filed but my company is planing to Change my visa type to L1-A

- My EB1-C is in process , as i qualify for multi regional manager/executive as per USICS

My Question is

- Should I go ahead with this visa change or should i ask them to file H-1b Extension .
    - If L-1A conversion gets rejected what will be the impact
    - Will i still be in H-1B status
    - Will it be impacting my EB-1C , as if L1 A is rejected they may plan to reject EB1 as well

Originally posted by immhunter View Post
    I am currently on H-1b , just completed 2 years , My extension needs to be filed but my company is planing to Change my visa type to L1-A

- My EB1-C is in process , as i qualify for multi regional manager/executive as per USICS
    The first requirement for L1A visa is to work outside USA for the same company for one year in last 3 years. Do you qualify for that?

- Should I go ahead with this visa change or should i ask them to file H-1b Extension .
    You cannot change visa within USA, rather you do a COS.

- If L-1A conversion gets rejected what will be the impact
    - Will i still be in H-1B status
    - Will it be impacting my EB-1C , as if L1 A is rejected they may plan to reject EB1 as well
    If L1A is rejected, you'll still be on H1B status.

Since you are already going through EB1C, i would suggest to continue on H1B & avoid any hassles.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X