Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa questions for H1 to H4 case

Hi,

I have my interview scheduled for H4 visa type (first time) in coming week. Below is my scenario and questions, would appreciate any help.

Scenario: Both me and my wife were working in US on H1. I had exhausted my 6 years of H1 and didn't apply for GC, hence returned to India this year a few months back. My wife and daughter had also come along. My wife still has a few years left on her H1 so she got her visa stamped and returned to US a few months back. I had got a job here in India hence didn't go for H4 stamping at that time along with wife. But due to some personal reason I left my job a month back and now want to go to US to be with my family. For this reason my wife has applied for my H4.
    Considering my scenario I'm guessing there could be following questions for which I'm not sure how to justify.

General Questions:
    1. Would me being in US on H1 previously affect my application for H4 in any way?
    2. Do I need to carry my H1 documents also for interview? If yes, which all?

Interview Questions:
    3. Why did you not attend the visa interview along with your spouse?
    Ans: I didn't attend as I was working at that time and I wasn't sure when I will travel.

4. What are you planning to do in the USA?
    Ans: Be with my family.

5. Are you planning to work in the USA?
    Ans: No

6. Why you are going on H4, as u know you will not be able to work on H4?
    Ans: I'm aware that I can't work on H4. I'm going there just to be with my family.

Any suggestions/opinion on above?
    What other questions can be asked, any information/suggestion?

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X