Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Visa interview waiver showing as eligible with spouse details

Hi All,

I have a little confisuion around H1B Visa waiver program.

I traveled to US on H1B in 2016 and recently received H1B extension for 2 years. Now, I am planning to go for H1B stamping in India along with my spouse, who never attended or got US Visa before (This is first time I am applying for H4).

I filled two different DS-160 forms one for me and one for my wife . Now I am trying to book an appointment @ https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ ,

Selected Visa class As H1 and filled personal details and added dependent (Spouse details with DS-160) and answered questions as below

Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)? - YES
    Was your prior H1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) annotated ?Clearance Received? or ?Department Authorization?? - NO
    Was your most recent visa (in the same class for which you are applying) lost or stolen? - NO
    Have you ever been refused a H-1B (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) visa before? - NO
    Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid? - No ( expired recently)
    Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months? - Yes
    Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008? - Yes

Now I see below message ,

"Congratulations! You qualify for the Interview Waiver (No Appointment). Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

When you click ?Continue? to proceed with your application."

Questions: Is this wavier applicable for me and my wife (who never applied for US visa) ? OR should I book different appointment for my wife with visa class H4?

Can someone please help by sharing your knowledge. Appreciate your help.

Thanks You...

Originally posted by reech_ravi View Post
    Hi All,

I have a little confisuion around H1B Visa waiver program.

I traveled to US on H1B in 2016 and recently received H1B extension for 2 years. Now, I am planning to go for H1B stamping in India along with my spouse, who never attended or got US Visa before (This is first time I am applying for H4).

I filled two different DS-160 forms one for me and one for my wife . Now I am trying to book an appointment @ https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ ,

Selected Visa class As H1 and filled personal details and added dependent (Spouse details with DS-160) and answered questions as below

Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)? - YES
    Was your prior H1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) annotated ?Clearance Received? or ?Department Authorization?? - NO
    Was your most recent visa (in the same class for which you are applying) lost or stolen? - NO
    Have you ever been refused a H-1B (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) visa before? - NO
    Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid? - No ( expired recently)
    Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months? - Yes
    Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008? - Yes

Now I see below message ,

"Congratulations! You qualify for the Interview Waiver (No Appointment). Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

When you click ?Continue? to proceed with your application."

Questions: Is this wavier applicable for me and my wife (who never applied for US visa) ? OR should I book different appointment for my wife with visa class H4?

Can someone please help by sharing your knowledge. Appreciate your help.

Thanks You...
    Should book a separate H4 visa appointment for your wife.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X