Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 Admit Until Date is Entered Wrongly

Hi,

I came to USA on November 2016 with Company A and i94 was give till November 10 2018. I changed employer and new petition is valid till 06/24/2020 . I went to London last December 23rd 2017 and returned to USA on January 4th 2018. I94 was given only till November 2018 same as old I94 which i didnt notice. Today i checked my i94 and was shocked to find out that I94 date is not given till new petition validity date. I spoke to attorney and they said to go to CBP office and get I94 corrected. Can anyone share their experience and advise on my situation

Regards
    Deviprasad

Similar Experience

Originally posted by prasad anala View Post
    Hi,

I came to USA on November 2016 with Company A and i94 was give till November 10 2018. I changed employer and new petition is valid till 06/24/2020 . I went to London last December 23rd 2017 and returned to USA on January 4th 2018. I94 was given only till November 2018 same as old I94 which i didnt notice. Today i checked my i94 and was shocked to find out that I94 date is not given till new petition validity date. I spoke to attorney and they said to go to CBP office and get I94 corrected. Can anyone share their experience and advise on my situation

Regards
    Deviprasad
    Hi Prasad,

We were in similar position, when my wife returned to USA in Feb 2018, i-94 date was given as per the stamped visa validity in her Passport, which was Jun 2018.
    We already had extended H1/H4 by then but did not show this at the port of entry, which was why I-94 was given as per passport.

Realizing this immediately in a couple of days, we checked with our employer's immigration team, they suggested to visit CBP office at port of entry.
    But, to give it a shot, we called local CBP office (you can google for local CBP office information) and explained the issue about correcting I-94. They provided an email address to which all the required documents (copy of both passports, latest I797 etc). We emailed all the documents. They corrected the I-94 and new I-94 online shows date as per latest I797.

Thanks
    Praveen

Comment

This happened to me as well, but on the TN visa for Canada. We did the same thing (went to CBP office), but just brought the documents with us. There was no line, and it went smoothly!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X