Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 Approved, but the change of status is dined (i797-B)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Approved, but the change of status is dined (i797-B)

Hello all I would really appreciate your inputs on my case

1) I joined masters in 2015, finished my program by Aug 2016 and opted for OPT in 2016 Nov unfortunately, my university lost its accreditation in Dec 2016, as a result, I was not eligible for OPT extension

2) Joined for day 1 CPT program in the same level of master in Jan 2018 so I could work

3) Applied on H1 in April 2018, got RFE on Status. Replied back to RFE with supporting documents

4) Got H1 approved in Oct 2018 (i797-B), but the change of status for not approved. Unfortunately, my project ended before I received my H1 approval notice. When I checked with the university on my status I learned that my sevis was tirmined due to H1 approvel

5) My employer suggested that I need to cross the country ASAP to get my passport stamped. I don't want to do that right now as I am looking for a new project and want to get out of the country with a project

6) At this point, I am not sure if I can file a new amendment as my sevis is been terminated

My Plans:

Right now I did apply for visiting visa for Canada and waiting for approval. So, I could go for stamping

Please share me your thoughts and experience, looking forward for help

Thank you

Raj

Hi all,

I am on the same boat. My H1B Petition got Approved and received approval notice with I94 card. But i got to hear form my employer that what ever the check he sent to uscis while applying H1b, details on the check like routing number was wrong. So my employer point is uscis did not received money for my H1b so they might reject your petition. So My concern is will my Approved H1b status gets effected because of the payment issue. OR Uscis will come back to my employer ask for a new check. Or should i transfer my H1b to other employer.

Please Help me.

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X