H1b transfer after revocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer after revocation

Am I eligible for H1B transfer (cap exempt) after a long gap? Worked on H1B for 4 years, but petition was revoked later.

Please guide me on transfer of my old H1B to a new employer, my case details are below:

- My Employer 'A' filed new H1B application, petition approved, VISA Stamped - in Oct 2007, valid till Sep 2010
    - Travelled to USA in May 2008, first time.
    - I was still in USA when my VISA was about to expire and I was working with same employer 'A'. My employer filed an extension/renewal.
    - Got approval to extension request and received new I-797. Renewed petition was valid till Oct 2012. Got it stamped.
    - I continue to work on extended petition. Filed another extension and Petition got approved till Oct 2013.
    - I returned to India in Dec 2012. Never travelled back to USA during the validity of my extended petition, so I did not go for stamping again.
    - I left employer 'A' in Aug 2013 and went on a break for over an year and worked with couple other employers in India between 2015 to 2017.
    - In Dec 2017 joined employer 'B'
    - Though my petition got expired in Oct 2013, my ex-employer 'A' has filed Revocation request, USCIS revoked my petition on Employer's 'A' request in Nov 2013.

1 - Now can my employer 'B' transfer/renew my old H1B (as I can reuse remaining 2 years available with my old H1B) under out of cap?.
    2 - Will there be any hurdles due to revoked petition?.
    3- Till what time my H1B status will be valid for Cap-exempt process? I left USA on H1b in Dec 2012.

I do have the file number but do not have petition last approved oct-2013 copy.

Thanks,
    Abhay

Experts, please guide...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X