Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer

Hello everyone,
    I recently got H1B stamping done in India through a consultant in US. I am looking into various options...still I am india only...Can I apply for H1 transfer immediately after I reach US..if I get good offer from another company/consultant... OR do I need to wait for some period like minimum 3 pay stubs..like that..

Please share your knowledge..

Thanks
    Manju

You can apply for alltogether a new H1b petition. I dont think you can transfer the existing visa from India. To transfer the visa, you have to be in the US.

Transfer process is quite straight forward. Not to worry.

Comment

Thanks very much for the response....my question is "Can I apply for H1 trasnfer immidiately after land in US without working for the original petioner".

Please sugget....

Thanks in advance,
      Manju..

Comment

you can not transfer IMMEDIATELY. You have to have atleast 2 payroll (almost for a month's work) to transfer your petition to another employer. And for that you have to go thru same process and fees are the same too.

So, do you think that you want to spend 190 + 1500 (if your new company has more than 25 employee) + 500 + lawyer fees ?????

and btw, you are in India right now. So first come to US and start looking for a project (as I am sure that you won't have a job offer directly from a company but it's a consultanting company who has secured your H1 in this quota) and then see how consultant market is ! AT THE BOTTOM, ALL CONSULTANTS ARE SAME AND THEY ARE HERE TO EARN !

Good luck..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X