Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B CAP exempt query for previous extension denial

Hi All,

I have got the approval for H1B from Feb 2017 to Nov 2017 from company A . I came to USA in May 2017 and filed extension under normal category , But the extension got denied in May 2018.
    Hence as i don't have valid petition i have come back to India . As my company A was not ready to file extension immediately i have changed to company B. I have below queries reg my H1-B :

1) As i was there only for 13 months of 6 years period of h1 , Am i eligible to apply the extension again from company B ?
    2) Will i come under CAP - exempt category ?
    3) By when i can apply the extension again with CAP -exempt status ? Can i apply from new company ?

Regards,
    Adi.

Originally posted by adithya.srivatsas View Post
    Hi All,

I have got the approval for H1B from Feb 2017 to Nov 2017 from company A . I came to USA in May 2017 and filed extension under normal category , But the extension got denied in May 2018.
    Hence as i don't have valid petition i have come back to India . As my company A was not ready to file extension immediately i have changed to company B. I have below queries reg my H1-B :

1) As i was there only for 13 months of 6 years period of h1 , Am i eligible to apply the extension again from company B ?
    2) Will i come under CAP - exempt category ?
    3) By when i can apply the extension again with CAP -exempt status ? Can i apply from new company ?

Regards,
    Adi.
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. In order to be cap exempt, you should have had a valid H1 status in the 6yrs. prior to the application date. So, you have until 2023.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X