Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning to get married before GC approval while in H1B visa

Hello everyone,
    I am wondering if itÂ’s better for me to get married before my GC interview which is on Feb 1st, 2019 ( I got notice about my interview yesterday only, Jan 1).
    My scenario:
    Priority Date is current, ROW filler, H1-B thru EB3
    Pending i485( filed in June 2018)
    My H1 visa is expired in 2016, but I have approved extension until 2019 September. I also have GC EAD/Travel Doc combo card.
    Questions:
    1) Can i goto my country and get married in this situation (it is arranged marriage)? Meaning i have to go and get married (court) in a week or so and come back for interview for the Feb 1.
    2) Once I get married, when can I add my spouse under me?
    3) How likely is it that it is going to be under Administrative Review cuz it may appear as visa fraud since I am getting married after I got scheduled for an interview. The thing is I was looking for a girl before only, but all of a sudden I got the interview notice yesterday.
    3) Can i add my spouse during the interview when the consular asks for any changes? Will she be considered under same visa category or will it go under I-130 category.
    4) Is it worth taking the risk leaving the country so close to my interview with expired visa(I have AP)?
    The benefit I am looking for is for my wife to get GC with me or else she has to go through I-130
    5) Or is it better to take interview and wait for GC before leaving and apply for my spouse through I-130?

I have scheduled an appointment with a lawyer but itÂ’s 3 days apart, I know lots of information on this forum has been helpful, hoping respons from anyone with similar situation.

Thank you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X