me and my family has L1-B visa stamp valid from 06/15/2016 to 06/12/2019 and then changed status form L1 to H1B( dependents to H4) with validity 12/07/2016 to 07/05/2019(I-94 on H1-B shows same validity period) but H1B stamping is not done. both L1 and H1 are from same employer(have approved I-140 for more than 180 days ). I changed the job and my current H1B(H4) transfer is in progress and waiting for receipt to start working for new employer which is NO-1 networking product company.
my family need to travel to India because of emergency situation.
please clarify below quires.
1. can my family travel to India and come back to US when my H1-B is transfer is pending for approval?(I will be working for new employer with the H1B receipt by the time they travel to U.S)
2.when my family goes to stamping, do my family need to have current employer documentation OR new employer docs or BOTH? if current employer docs required, having current employer I797 is sufficient?
3. my current work location is X will be working in location Y.planning to keep my family in location X because of schools. is my family supposed to come back to location Y? OR they can go to location X?
4. in case if H4 gets rejected what are next steps one should consider?