Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Processing - Scheduling Interview

Hello,

This is Sreedhar here writing from Hyderabad. I would like to request you to provide information on H1B processing for US. I have gone through lots of sites go get the relevant information but at the end I was left confused. Here is the information I hope will help you to give a proper reply to me.

I attended for an interview with a US company and after clearing it they requested me to send all the copies of my documents
    After submitting all the documents they gave me and EAC number and asked me to schedule an interview
    I paid the required fee through hdfc as suggested in the vfs site after which I think I need to schedule an interview through the vfs site. There was no place where I was asked to mention the EAC number
    When I tried to schedule my interview online I selected the option ‘No’ for the question ‘Do you have a BEP user id’
    After filling in the necessary information I came to available date’s page where it said at the bottom that I need to have I-797 to schedule for an interview. I got confused at left this page.

Here are the queries that I am having right now:

What does EAC number mean and where should I use it?
    When I check the http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm for my case status it says that my I-129 was submitted on May 17, 06 and is under processing.
    What is I-797 and I-129?
    What should I be doing if I don’t have an I-797? Can I go ahead and schedule for an interview?
    What is the process to be followed for attending the visa interview? Do I need to carry both I-797 and I-129?
    I also heard that there are DS-156 and 157 originals to be carried with me? I don’t have any idea about these.
    Request you to please provide me this information as I need to schedule my interview ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Sreedhar

I think what you have are the receipts and not the approvals of the h1Bs. You will need the actual approval in the form of I 797 to make your appointment online. You will need to enter the date o expiry of your petition while making the appointment, after completing the DS 156 and DS 157.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thanks Veena

Thanks veena for the quick reply, however can you please help me out in proceeding furhter. Do i need to call and speak to my employer in this regard or should I approach the vfs office.
      Regards,
      Sreedhar

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X