Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1- H4 issue

Greetings forum members,

I am looking for some guidance/advice regarding my wife's case. She applied for her h1b extension last year in Sept and got an RFE. Since her h1-b was expiring end of the month and to maintain her status, we applied for H4-H4EAD application in parallel on Oct 1st while we were working on her RFE response. In late Nov, her H1B petition was removed and the next day, our immigration attorney sent H4/H4EAD petition withdrawal to USCIS (which was received as per USPS tracking information on the same day). Ever since then we didn't hear from USCIS for any updates on her withdrawal application. Yesterday when we checked status of her H4 and H4EAD application, we noticed that while H4 application status is still showing pending, her H4EAD was approved ( status: new card is being produced and will be mailed to our mailing address).

I have following questions:

a) does this mean her H4EAD as well as H4 petition is approved? If yes, my understanding is that her h1 will be automatically canceled?
    b) We want to continue working on her H1B status and since it was USCIS error of not processing the withdrawal application, what should we do to keep her H1B status?
    c) Does she need to go out of country (India) to get her COS and get her H1B stamped to keep her H1B status or can she travel to Canada/ Mexico within 30 days for I-94 revalidation?

Appreciate your help in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X