X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing DS-156 form after confirmation of interview

Hi
    Can any one please let me know,
    what s the impact of overriding in DS-156 form , after it got saved and got a confirmation for interview.

i have found out that some data is incorrect and i reopend the DS-156 form and edited some information in that.

my question is , while going to the interview which form should i carry , the old one or the new form with changes???

Also in DS 156 form, i have left blank for question,
    " when do u intend to arrive in us" ? what could be the impact of this???

Kindly suggest me..
    Thanks
    GS

You will need to download the form from the VFS's site before going for the interview. It allows you to make changes upto 2 working days prior to the date of interview. So make the changes and take the updated form to the interview. Mention atleast a tentative travel. Its not mandatory to stick to this.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

hi

i too had done a very similar error and the first 14 questions on DS-156 cannot be edited. The rest can however. But I made an error with Place of issuance....I called up VFS and found out that it is perfectly fien to go to the interview with the mistake with either of the following changes
      1) mention it to the VO and the initial counter that you had made an error here and please note the change.
      or
      2) make the correction with pen on the sheet and mention the changes to the VO.

It was fine to do so and nobody had any questions.

Good luck on yours.....

did you go to chennai VO? did you get your visa?
      I am in 221g...and struggling...

Comment

Originally posted by dindin
        I made an error with Place of issuance....I called up VFS and found out that it is perfectly fien to go to the interview with the mistake with either of the following changes

1) mention it to the VO and the initial counter that you had made an error here and please note the change.

or

2) make the correction with pen on the sheet and mention the changes to the VO.

It was fine to do so and nobody had any questions.
        I am surprised. VFS had told me that the only way to edit the first 14 fields of DS156 after confirmation of an appointment was to cancel the appointment and reapply for a new appointment. (I have confirmed this thrice!)

I belive you should use the pen only for signing on DS156 and writing your name in native alphabet on DS157.

One more thing, while printing the online forms, it does not mention NA on some fields. There is no need to write the same after printout.

Comment

indeed a different answer.....

that is definitely a different answer you got.. this happened to me middle of last month and no one had issues. was this chennai?
          thanks,
          yuvan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X