Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does 221g administrative processing means denial ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does 221g administrative processing means denial ?

I got 221G on my h1B in Nov 2017 , still the status is showing as administrative processing. I waited for 4 months but did not get any reply so i came back to USA on H4 visa. I am planning to go back to India in march 2019 and get my stamping done for H4 visa.

1 - will H1b 221g will have any impact on my H4 visa ?

2 - Its been over a year and i did not get any update on 221g , does it mean its is denied ?

3 - what should I mention in ds160 form for the question about have you ever been denied for any visa ?

Originally posted by avimanek View Post
    I got 221G on my h1B in Nov 2017 , still the status is showing as administrative processing. I waited for 4 months but did not get any reply so i came back to USA on H4 visa. I am planning to go back to India in march 2019 and get my stamping done for H4 visa.

1 - will H1b 221g will have any impact on my H4 visa ?

2 - Its been over a year and i did not get any update on 221g , does it mean its is denied ?

3 - what should I mention in ds160 form for the question about have you ever been denied for any visa ?

1 - Without H1-B Visa, there is no H4 Visa. H4 Visa is tied to the Spouse's H1-B Visa

2 - No. There is no fixed timeline for the 221g processing. The consulate in coordination with other agencies like USCIS , DHS etc, can clear the case in a matter of few weeks but can also take months or years. But after an year, I think it is better to explore other options. If you have your passport with the consulate, it is time to request it back and wait for the processing to complete

3 - No. 221g is not explicit denial. It is just additional processing in order to come to a final conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Visa.Seeker View Post
      1 - Without H1-B Visa, there is no H4 Visa. H4 Visa is tied to the Spouse's H1-B Visa

2 - No. There is no fixed timeline for the 221g processing. The consulate in coordination with other agencies like USCIS , DHS etc, can clear the case in a matter of few weeks but can also take months or years. But after an year, I think it is better to explore other options. If you have your passport with the consulate, it is time to request it back and wait for the processing to complete

3 - No. 221g is not explicit denial. It is just additional processing in order to come to a final conclusion.

Thanks for you reply.

I was earier on my H1B visa , when i went back to India for h1b stamping I got 221G so I came back to USA on H4 Visa( spouce also have H1B).
      So my current status is H4 visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X