• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with I-94 'Admit until date' is one yr earlier

Hello,

I'm on H1B and my wife on H4 both of our visa expires on 8/30/2019
    Me and my wife went to India and returned back on July 2018
    I just noticed that my wife I94 shows Admit until date as 8/30/2018, but on my I94 its 8/30/2019

How this issue can be fixed? Please help

Thaks
    Jagan

Hi Jagan,

if the Admit until date is 8/30/2018 then ideally your wife has to exit us and reenter us and get the I-94 updated by Border Security before that if your petition was still valid.

If its done by mistake then you may contact border security and get it updated. They have certain offices located on airports and borders area and they might help. Another way is just exit us and may visit Mexico or Canada and get it updated.

Regards
    RD

Comment

Originally posted by jagannn View Post
      Hello,

I'm on H1B and my wife on H4 both of our visa expires on 8/30/2019
      Me and my wife went to India and returned back on July 2018
      I just noticed that my wife I94 shows Admit until date as 8/30/2018, but on my I94 its 8/30/2019

How this issue can be fixed? Please help

Thaks
      Jagan
      This is a serious issue with a lot of legal implications down the line, and you need to get it corrected asap. Since her I94 expired at the end of Aug 2018, her stay since then has been illegal. Hence, she will become subject to 5 yr. ban. So you should get this issue addressed ASAP. As the other poster wrote, if this I94 date was issued by mistake, and you have documentary evidence to show that the admit until date should have been 2019 not 2018, you should approach CBP and ask for a correction.
      Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
        This is a serious issue with a lot of legal implications down the line, and you need to get it corrected asap. Since her I94 expired at the end of Aug 2018, her stay since then has been illegal. Hence, she will become subject to 5 yr. ban. So you should get this issue addressed ASAP. As the other poster wrote, if this I94 date was issued by mistake, and you have documentary evidence to show that the admit until date should have been 2019 not 2018, you should approach CBP and ask for a correction.
        Yes as per her stamping on passport, it say admit until 2019

Comment

Issues fixed

I visited CBS office yesterday and provided all documents, now they have updated i-94 with correct year.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X