Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 subsequent Stamping after after the approval of I140 and EAD

Hello,

I am a H4 visa holder. I have been in USA for past 6 years with my husband who is on H1. I have come to India 5 months back for vacation. The last time I came to india was in 2015. Now that have to go back to the States i have scheduled my Interview on 26th Feb 2019. My husband is in USA and i will be appearing alone for the interview. Some facts to note :
    1. Our i140 has been approved in Feb 2017 and our H1b extension (after completing 6 years in USA ) got approved in December 2017 for 3 years (till dec2020)
    2. I got my EAD in Feb 2018. I havnt worked in USA. I came to India for vacation after my EAD got approved. I plan to go back and then apply for jobs
    3. My husband has changed employer in Feb March 2016 and all the GC process was started by the new employer.
    4. My visa has expired in June 2015 and we are on subsequent extensions and also got new I94 with last extension.

Now that i have to go for stamping what can be the docs that i have to carry for interview and what could be probable questions that i can be asked at the consulate ..
    Some info. on this would be really helpful!!

Originally posted by manu.sky1414 View Post
    Hello,

I am a H4 visa holder. I have been in USA for past 6 years with my husband who is on H1. I have come to India 5 months back for vacation. The last time I came to india was in 2015. Now that have to go back to the States i have scheduled my Interview on 26th Feb 2019. My husband is in USA and i will be appearing alone for the interview. Some facts to note :
    1. Our i140 has been approved in Feb 2017 and our H1b extension (after completing 6 years in USA ) got approved in December 2017 for 3 years (till dec2020)
    2. I got my EAD in Feb 2018. I havnt worked in USA. I came to India for vacation after my EAD got approved. I plan to go back and then apply for jobs
    3. My husband has changed employer in Feb March 2016 and all the GC process was started by the new employer.
    4. My visa has expired in June 2015 and we are on subsequent extensions and also got new I94 with last extension.

Now that i have to go for stamping what can be the docs that i have to carry for interview and what could be probable questions that i can be asked at the consulate ..
    Some info. on this would be really helpful!!
    No different from standard H4 stamping, your husband's current I797 and his I140 paperwork.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X