Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received noir on approved h1-b. Can i file for transfer now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received noir on approved h1-b. Can i file for transfer now?

Hello,

My H1-B application was picked in lottery in April 2018 and got it approved through company A. In Nov, 2018 there was a site visit and since I was travelling to client location and not present at LCA location during that time, the officer have sent a set of questionnaire for which my employer responded in Dec., 2018. Suddenly I got an update couple of days back on my cases status saying 'Intent to Revoke notice was sent'. The physical mail of the NOIR is yet to be received but I'm mostly guessing it might be because of site visit. Right now I would like to know what can be done as precaution steps to keep my H1 intact. I'm currently thinking of following options -

1) Wait till the physical copy of NOIR is received and respond to USCIS accordingly - If in case the H1 is revoked what can I do stay in US? Does having a college admission along with approved change of status from H1 to F1 help? Also, not sure if H1 to F1 changing is possible. Please advise

2) File an amendment with LCA being at client location before receiving the NOIR copy - Will this somehow help to support the NOIR response?

3) Can a change of employer to company B be filed during NOIR? And if change of employer is approved, but response to NOIR is rejected will I still be in legal H1 since transfer is approved?

Also I'm uploading a picture with possible scenarios if followed above steps. Please suggest.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Hi ak_07, how are you doping?

can you tell me what happened in you case?

Comment

HI Ak_07,

I am sorry that no has responded to your question/problem. I can feel it.

Unfortunately,I am going through the exact same situation right now. Can you please help with your experience, what has happened with your visa status. Which route you have taken?
      What do you suggestions for me?

You help is really invaluable.
      Thanks for your time and help in advance.

Comment

HI Ak_07,

I am sorry that no has responded to your question/problem. I can feel it.

Unfortunately,I am going through the exact same situation right now. Can you please help with your experience, what has happened with your visa status. Which route you have taken?
        What do you suggestions for me?

My situation:

1. Oct 2018 - my h1b approved with employer A
        2. Oct 2019, I got NOIR for the above h1b
        3. Before responding to the above NOIR, I have transferred to employer B (Approved)
        4. Responded to NOIR (mentioned in point 2) and got revoked on Jan 9, 2020
        5. Now, on Feb 11, 2020, my transferred case number (with employer B) updated with NOIR status, my employer B has not received the NOIR copy yet as of Feb 12, 2020.

Can anyone from immihelp.com help me with my options that I have.
        1. Should I transfer from H-1b to F1 before we respond to NOIR that I got with employer B (my current visa)?
        2. What are the chances that transfer of status from h1b to f1 gets approved?
        3. or Should I take initial I-20 from an University and cross the border for Stamping to re-enter the USA on F1 with activated SEVIS?

4. on Jan 9, 2020, my initial h1b revoked, but on Feb 11, 2020 - my approved transferred with employer B updated with NOIR status. Am I "Out of Status" from Jan 9, 2020 or Should the transferred case also have to be Revoked to be "out of status"?

You help is really invaluable.
        Thanks for your time and help in advance.

Comment

Hello pxb0703,

I am going through the same situation currently. My transfer with Employer A has been approved on September 2019 and I started working for them from October 2019. I got a NOIR yesterday morning. Can you please let me know what are the options?

Comment

Even I was in same situation, after site visit NOIR came for company B, not company A. So planning for changing employer now. I have couple of offers now in my hand. But While doing H1B transfer from company B to Company C we need to give the petition to the new employer right, will they said it is Ian NOIR we cannot proceed like that or simply they proceed without any questions. Even I was in same boat. Please suggest me what should I do.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X