H!B Status Automatic Re-validation Canada/US Border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H!B Status Automatic Re-validation Canada/US Border

I have a H1B extention approved till May 2021 and also have an I140 approved from my employer 'E1' working for End Client 'C1' . I originally arrived USA on L2 visa and later got COS to convert to H1B . I do not have H1B visa stamped on my passport but have I1797 with a valid I94 expiring MAy 2021.

My current project for Client 'C1' ended recently and I am looking for other Client projects still employed with employer 'E1' in USA .

I also recently got Canada PR approved and have to land before May 1st 2019 but I do not plan tp start living in Canada for another couple of years.

Questions :

1) If I travel now to Canada by land border, can I use Automatic re-validation rule to cross to Canada, do the landing and come back to USA ? My concern is that I do not have an end Client project currently (which was the basis of H1B approval) .

2) If for some reason I get stuck up in Canada and cannot come back , and my employer plans to revoke my H1B and I140 , can I come back to USA again future on H1B and be Cap exempt or would need to apply a fresh H1B going through lottery . Also what would happen to my I140 ?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X