Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Query

Hi,
    I recently got restamped my H1-visa March 2006. After stamping I transferred my H1 to different employer in April, 2006. I am planning to visit in August and will return in September.

Could you please let me know whether do I need to go restamping again in India. If not, what are the documents do I need to carry while returning back to US.

Thanks in advance

Jagdish

Hi,
    i think that u didnot give the perfect details about your status now. if you applied for H1 transfer to new company u r working with from april 2006 then u can go to india only on the old H1 untill and unless that employer has not cancelled your H1. once your H1 has transfered you can go to india aand come back on this new H1 .

Comment

H1 Query

I got my H1 transfered to the new company in April, 2006 and I got the H1 Approval with the new company and I started working with the new company.

I have restamped my H1 with the old company in March, 2006.

Since I moved to the new company, is there a need to go for restamp again if I go to India and come back.

Comment

Originally posted by jagdish
        I got my H1 transfered to the new company in April, 2006 and I got the H1 Approval with the new company and I started working with the new company.

I have restamped my H1 with the old company in March, 2006.

Since I moved to the new company, is there a need to go for restamp again if I go to India and come back.
        U need to have the latest employer's H1 approval on ur passport when U re-enter US. So u need to get it re-stamped.

Comment

That is wrong. You don't need to get it stamped again. Just carry the new H-1 approval. You will get I-94 upto the new expiry date.

Here's the link to prove this and more particularly the last paragraph:

Comment

You can re-enter on the old visa and showing the new approval ( I 797) at the port of entry.
            VEENA
            (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X