Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my H1B Petition

Hi Dudes,
    I lost my baggage when I travelled from Los Angeles to San Francisco. Actually I work at San Francisco. Since I didnt get direct flight to San Francisco, I need to travel to LA and then to SFO. LA was my port of entry. So I travelled from LA to SFO via United Airways. They lost my baggage which contained many of my certificates (Since the baggage's weight was more, I was not allowed to carry it with me as a hand baggage). Along with the lost baggage, i also lost my H1B petition. I have a photostat copy of my H1B petition. If I need to change companies, do I need to have the original H1B petition? In which other scenarios will I require my original H1B petition. I have my VISA (with PP) with I94 and SSN. Please advise. Your response is greatly appreciated as I am so much confused since I lost my petition (5 months).

Regards,
    Vijay

You can have your current employer request the USCIS to send a duplicate I797 on the basis of a police complaint.

So, you will make a police complaint about the lost baggage.

This is just out of curiosity - how stupid does one have to be to loose their hand-baggage.

Regards

Comment

Actually saying though I had it in my hand baggage, it turned out to be overweight and the airport officials didnt allow me to take it as a hand baggage. So, they insisted me to put it as check-in baggage. Buddy, it happens to everyone. There is no stupidity involved in this. If you are in my shoes, you can feel it.

Comment

moreover, I am looking for solutions and not criticism from the forum.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X