Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to book the VSS

Hi,

I'm planning to apply H1 visa, due to non availability of VSS slots in Chennai I planed to book VSS in Mumbai

Could u please any one can help what I need to do?

Right now I'm in pune working as a software engineer from past 6 months.

I shall be thankful to you if you can guide me based on your previous experience.

My mail id : [email protected]

Originally posted by ramu_krao
    Hi,

I'm planning to apply H1 visa, due to non availability of VSS slots in Chennai I planed to book VSS in Mumbai

Could u please any one can help what I need to do?

Right now I'm in pune working as a software engineer from past 6 months.

I shall be thankful to you if you can guide me based on your previous experience.

My mail id : [email protected]
    Couple of things...
    1. It is VFS and not VSS... Visit https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx
    2. You cannot select consulate just like that, please ref https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms...rDistrict.aspx to find out which consulate your area comes under.

HTH
    RK

Comment

Hi Ramkumar,

Thanks for your response,

in the above link one comment was there

If you are resident in India, you are required to appear for an interview at the visa section having jurisdiction over the territory where you have been resident during the past six months.

My home residence comes under Chennai consulate only, but from past 6 months onwards I'm in pune. I have the residence proof and bank statements in pune

Ramu.

Comment

its better u check ur 1-797. on that they mention to which consulate u have to go for visa interview. U might get 221(g) if U go any other office other than specified.

Comment

which consulate ??

Can you please suggest me where should I go for visa stamping.

Please find details for my h1b stamping and suggest me what to do.
          1. I am native of Rajasthan ----------> Comes under Delhi consulate
          2. My passport has address of IIT mumbai where i did my graduation. ----> Comes under Mumbai consulate
          3. I am working in Bangalore for last 6 yrs. -----> Comes unders Chennai consulate
          4. Petitition (797) was filed for delhi ---------> Comes under Delhi.
          5. I want to apear delhi consulate as i wish to see my parents during stamping.
          On basis of above informations please suggest me where I must apear for stamping. I saw the FAQs, but could not find the matching case there.

Can I appear in delhi as per my petition filed though I am working in Bangalore?

Do I have to appear in chennai consulate as per my current work location though my petition was filed for delhi consulate?

I would greatly appreciate your help.
          Simon

Comment

hmmm...ur case is very confusing...best bet is to appear for visa at the consulate mentioned as class consulate on ur I797...besides, ur from that consular district anyway.arent u?

MAY GOD BLESS EVERYBODY!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X