Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

I need some insight from a different point of view. I am a US citizen, born and raised here. But I am in a relationship with a man from India who is here on a L1 Visa. It was just renewed in May, so it's good for another year. He works for his brother's company here in the states.
    Our relationship is starting to get more serious which of course brings up more concerns. I am at a point where I need to gather info to decide what will be best for me.
    I have found that he can only reside in the US for up to 7 yrs with this visa. But he can apply for a green card while he on the L1 visa? How difficult is it to get one?
    And if there was the chance that we did marry....how would that change things? Is it difficult for him to get legal perm. residence based on a marriage?
    I am trying to learn all of this before we too serious. I don't believe that I would move to India with him if he had to leave the states. And I dont think he would ask that of me either. He doesnt ever want to go back to India. But there are these what if's in my mind now.
    Can anyone give me some more insight and answer my concerns?

L1s are allowed to apply for a green card; and it takes anywhere from 3-5 yrs to get one.

If you decide to marry him, you can apply for a greencard for your spouse.

Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X