Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• senior members advice pls.

Hello all,
    I have applied for a new H1B and got my approval. I am currently in Germany working for the same company in their europe office for last 3 months. My wife could not join me in europe. Prior to coming here we were in Bangalore. As such we are native of Bihar. where should I go for stamping? I would be out of bangalore for more than 6 months before i can go for stamping anywhere in India. So Can we go and have our appointment in Cacutta?

I could have done my appointment in Frankfurt but I want to do it together with my wife as I feel separate H1 and H4 stamping is another pain.

Please advice me.

Somebody pls help and let me know.

Comment

Since you are from Bihar; you would be obtaining your stamp from Kolkata; if you are an NRI - i.e., if you have resided outside India for more than 6 months you will be elegible to obtain a stamping from any consulate in India.

You can try your luck by going to http://vfs-usa.co.in; and oh! you would need someone to go to the authorized HDFC back to pay the appointment fee.

And no for Frankfurt; residents of India can apply for visa stamping in only the following countries:
      1. India
      2. Canada (if currently residing in the USA and applying for H visa renewal)
      3. Mexico (if currently residing in the USA and applying for H visa renewal)

Regards

Comment

Hello,
        Thanks for ur reply. Will there if any problem if I have place as Frankfurt written as the consulate where i would like to get my stamping done. My attorney when he was filing my petition said that it should not be problem getting stamping done in Frankfurt.

There is something called TCN under which you can request stamping in any third country nation.

Please do let me know ur views.

Comment

Hello Naveen,

I dont find any issue in ur case. If I were u, I would prefer to get stamp at frankfurt. 100% guaranteed visa (Frankfurt)

Comment

Hi,
            You can get a H1B stamped at the consulate that serves the jurisdiction of the area which is mentioned as your residential address on your passport. Or you can take an interview slot at the region that presently serves the residence of your wife in India. As you rightly said, it is best that both of you go fo the stamping at the same slot. The fact that your approval mentions Frankfurt as your stamping consulate will not really matter even if attend the visa interview in India, provided you take a supporting letter from the sponsoring compnay briefly explaining the reason for the same.

All the Best to you and your wife.
            VEENA
            (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hello Veena and all the members,
              Thanks for ur reply. I had a talk with Frankfurt consulate today and they said that they allow stamping for someone resident in their area of juridiction.

Please advice me where should I go as my HR in Germany told that u should go to frankfurt. I am working for the same company in germany for past 3 months.

I have one apprehension as can they say me to go to india and get my stamping done there as I am here for only last three months. I hold a resident/work permit for Germany. Ideally if I hold a resident permit then my area of residence is this only.

Please do let me know ur view.

Comment

Hi,
                For the first time H1B stampings, it is safer you go to the US consulate in the region where you have had your education. Besides it will be easier for your wife to get her H4 stamped if you attend the consular interview along with her.
                VEENA
                (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hello,

As far as I know, U can go to frankfurt and get it stamped though u did ur degrees in India. I know some ppl got stamp who are residing and working in Germany.

They got not more than 3 Qes at the interview.

Anyway all the best for ur future endeavours.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X