Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving stamped passport ?

Hi,

I am going to India for my first H1B stamping. I am working in US since last 6 months. I will be taking Visa Appointment Interview fr Kolkata. What I wanted to know is, for people who have gone fr Stamping frm USA, and they have valid return ticket with them, is it that fr them also after the interview to receive the stamped passport they have to wait fr 3-4 days fr the passport to reach by post or is there any facility that we can collect the stamped passport frm the consulate in 1-2 days. Pls help as i am going to book my return tickets now, and i need to know how many days i need to keep in hand to recv the passport after the visa interview.
    Thanks so much in advance.

after Interview, it will take 2-4 days to delivery of passport thru VFS.
    so u better book ticket after 1 week from interview date. This will give u much time.

All the Best

Comment

Thanks for ur reply !

Comment

Collect VISA on same day also

Hi

we can collect Passport on the same day from VFS (if this service is there at particular location) between 1400 - 1600 hrs.

You will need to show the original fee receipt issued by HDFC Bank and the interview appointment letter.

Comment

Hi Vinod,

Thank sfr ur response. Can u provide some website link to thsi service by which we can collect the passport same day ?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by niasa
            Hi Vinod,

Thank sfr ur response. Can u provide some website link to thsi service by which we can collect the passport same day ?

Thanks.
            "sameday" is not same day as interview date, "sameday" means on the day when it is handed over to VFS from Consulate, which may be ~2 days from Interview date
            Ref: https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/CourierSystem.aspx for more details
            HTH
            RK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X