Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seniors Please Help with your inputs

Hi,
    I am currently working in India with a software firm. And, I am being sponsored H1B Visa by a US employer. These two are DIFFERENT employers.

1. In DS-156 Form, for Q20. Name and Address of Present Employer or School ?
    What should I say as the current employer ? Should it be the Indian employer or US employer (H1B Sponsoring company name).

2. In DS-157 form, for Q12, List the last two employers. Should I include the one working currently in India as my last employer or not.

I have got mixed responses for this. Senior members, please provide your inputs.

Regards,
    Geminii

Please can someone answer this.

Comment

1. In DS-156 Form, for Q20. Name and Address of Present Employer or School ?
      What should I say as the current employer ? Should it be the Indian employer or US employer (H1B Sponsoring company name).
      Indian Employers details should be filled in here.

2. In DS-157 form, for Q12, List the last two employers. Should I include the one working currently in India as my last employer or not.
      Do not include your present employer.

The H1B sponsoring company will become your employer only after you report for duty in the US
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thank you Veena.

Hi Veena,
        Thanks a lot for clarifying the concern and replying to the post.

Regards,
        Geminii

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X