Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a mail from consulate

Hi,
    I attended the H1 b interview inthe month of May and my case has been sent for Administrative processing.I got a mail from consulate last week to submit my passport,DD and Ds156-157 .Pls find the mail below.Can anyone pls let me know if the consulate is convinced to issue me visa or they still do review my case.What are the chances of getting visa.

Mail from consulate

Subject : VISA ISSUANCE

July 12, 2006

Dear MR. ZZZ,

This is with reference to your visa interview here at the American Consulate General Chennai, kindly send in the following documents via the VFS drop box Chennai at the earliest for your visa issuance.

1. Passport

2. D.D for Rs.2300.00

3. Fresh Application form(DS156, 157)

Regards

American Consulate General Chennai.

Reply to manavalan_kart

HI manavalan_kart...congrats for the good news...

by the way can u tell Y u have been issued Additional administration processing..were u given BLUE color handout 221(g).
    iam in the same situation..i got AAP in june first week..i got it to cross check the client details(US).

waiting for ur help.

Ur help would be highly appreciated.

Comment

great

Originally posted by manavalan_kart
      Hi,
      1. Passport

2. D.D for Rs.2300.00

3. Fresh Application form(DS156, 157)

Hi manavalan_kart,

99.99% u will get ur pass. stamped.

Comment

Mail from consulate

Hi Vasu,
        Thanks for your comments.I was given 221(g) first time for the marketing analysis of the product.I provided the documents 2 nd time ,but the VO asked me for a client letter.I told him point blank that I am going to work internally and there was a heated argument b'ween me and the VO.Though controlled by emotional maturity and intellectual resilience,my efforts to convince them went in vain.

Also when the VO browsed through my employer website,it was not working as it is in manitenance mode.This prompted him to think if my employer is good or bad.I tried to defend myself saying that the website might be in maintenance mode ,which is a regular feature across all website,including VFS and US Consulate.This somehow convinced him and to make things clear ,he drive my case to the league of Administrative Processing(AAP).

I kept sending them mails to ChennaiNIV@..... explaining my position and in some mails given my piece of mind for some productive results.I am really surprised how consulate has processed my case quickly.Or is it the reciprocation of the contents of the mails that I sent or completing their turn of vendetta.

Do you have any idea if I can get my visa stamping.Pls elucidate to clear me from the clouds of anticipation so that I can be prepared.

Comment

Hi Manavalan,

My father was issues a Pink slip stating for AAP on July 13th ...in your thread you had mentioned that you had send emails to ChennaiNIV...do u think that really worked some how? and were you given any kind of colored slip?

Is it advicable for me also to write to ChennaiNIV?

Please advice,
          Tina

Comment

Hi Vina

Hi Vina
            Pls do send mails to consulate with sense of diplomacy but at the same time proving your stand.Tel them your father has gone through soi much of mental agony and stress and that he has to go to US asap.

Keep sending mails and you will get replies quickly.But the contents of your mail to the consulate should be error-free and professional.

Have a good luck.If you need any help,pls mail me at [email protected]

Cheers
            Manavalan

Comment

HI manavalan_kart,ur case is so intersting..how did risk by arguing with VO..i got suggestions like never argue with VO,and not to show any desperate ness in getting stamped...

After being issued the AAP till now i didn't contact consulate.Is there any use in contacting them,and i dont think they even speed up the process for one's sake.

But amazingly it all happened in ur case..quite intersting..plz let me know the contact details of the embassy.and suggest me a way to woo them to speed up the process.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Vasu--->Information on Consulate

Hi Vasu,
                I am also taken by the same level and degree of surprise as you are by,in my case.I really dont know if your mail can prompt them to speed up an individual case.But I have composed the mail to consulate very diplomatically that they can't get away from being convinced.I dont if I has had any desirable effect, negative or positive,but making them speed up my case is itself my triumph of hope over disappointment.

Sometimes to drive home the point ,you need to argue with VOs.Unsurprisingly, they dont shy away from listening to you but you should always propagate some waves of kindness throughout the deal.That might work wonders."Easier said than done".B'cos the VO's are pretty smart and knew how to give the taste of your own medicine and the rest will be a saddening history of yours.

Try sending mails to consulate,with a professional touch and some traces of disappointment, and they will reply promptly.Give them all your details like your 221 case number,your passport etc and keep your case KISS(Keep it short and sweet) and have a positive frame of mind about them.

This is the mail id [email protected]

Best of luck(You need to have this luck to get the visa stamped)

Cheers
                Karthik

Comment

221g in London

Hi Karthik,

I don't want to take much time of yours. Very briefly; I was issued a 221g in London on March 24th 2006. Its nearly 4 months and I haven't heard anything from the Embassy yet. Since my company is a small NJ-based desi consulting firm and I'll be working for their clients, VO said they wanna do additional research on my company. Basically an employer check.

Last week, I emailed them about the expected time pending on my file and they replied with a very standard format email, which stated exactly the same thing as printed on the 221g form.. nothing new. Is there anything I can do more, posting them or emailing them again. We cant be even overly aggressive about things.

I am deeply concerned about the state of my application. I have seen people waiting for 12 months and more. Can you guide me in the right direction.

Regards,
                  Sagar

Comment

for 221g AAP customers

Hi,
                    I prefer you write a mail to consulate explaining your situation and what makes the VO to drive ur case for AAP.Generally it happens, when they doubt about the company or your present employment.
                    Keep sending mails to them and they will consider your case if they feel it is genuine.

All the best.

Cheers
                    Karthik

Comment

Very Frustrating

I cannot understand what drives them to the conclusion that my company is inadequate to file H1b for foreign nationals. They are just guessing. Just because my employer is small does not mean it is fraud. They are wasting time, both of my employer and themselves.

What I have understood from many forums is that, its not in the hands of the Embassy any more. They send my file back to the original service center in Vermont where my case was approved. When the file comes back to London embassy, they'll then send me a letter about the outcome.

221g letter clearly states sending emails or calling up the embassy will not expedite your case, will infact clog their services. I don't know why its taking so long. It should'nt take longer than 6-8 weeks at the most. I have seen people waiting for a year and counting. I believe your a real lucky chap. Thank your stars.

I am not sure how long I need to wait. Probably a year or more. London embassy does not have a good record of solving cases on time. They are always very busy. Hopes are getting dimmer and dimmer.
                      Last edited by surfking; 07-21-2006, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Eureka Eureka Eureka got stamped

Hi,
                        It has been 47 days of struggle, after I was issued 221(g) for Adminstrative processing, that i got my visa stamped today.I should be pretty lucky to get my case processed so quickly and mine might be the only case being processed by record time in the history of American consulate,Chennai.

I should be grateful to Consulate for issuing me visa in the timeframe they specified for AAP and records my sincere appreciation to them for reacting to the contents of my nagging mails with an emotional maturity and patience.
                        Thanks to immihelp for giving me a personal space to exchange my views and conceive other's view as well...........

Cheers
                        Manavalan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X