Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOST URGENT - H1B - 2 appointments with 2 employers

Hi,

Two employers have initiated H1B processing for me for this year. Both have given me the receipts numbers - one is approved and other is pending for approval.

Now, I've already taken one appointment date with one employers. I need to book an appointment for the other one. I need your help on following queries.

1. Can I take 2 different appointment dates for both ?
    2. Does VFS allow us to take multiple appointmnets (with respective receipt numbers) using single passport number ?
    3. Any other things that we need to take care while booking appointments with multiple employers ?

I've not decided yet, with whom I'll be working for on H1B.

Kindly advise.

Thank You,
    Vipin

You are likely to create trouble for yourself by taking two appointments. It is not unusual to submit two applications but based on offers, you decide which one you want to take and take only one appointment.

By committing to work for two employers which is not possible you will be viewed as wasteing time of visa officer.

Comment

more info.

yeah Nishant, you are right.

But I personally feel that there are high chances of rejections for me because of my non-technical background related to job profile offered by two employers.

So, I would like to take the second employer as a back-up - if I get rejected with the first one.

Also, I read from old posts that we can have multiple appointments. So, I was confused.

Kindly suggest.

TIA,
      Vipin
      Last edited by vipin4u_always; 08-02-2006, 04:44 AM.

Comment

I think you cannoit hve 2 appointments booked for the same passport number. Either ways you can have only one H1B visa ( full-time) issued on your passport. You will need to make up your mind!
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

first try with one visa, give interview.... if any thing happens to this visa... then you can use ur 2nd approval. Now go for one visa only

Comment

yeah, that's true..

recently, one of my friend has got following update from vfs help-desk..

"you cannot have two appointments for the same cat****y of visa.."

thanks all fot sharing this info.. hope this will be useful for others..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X