Runa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runa

I am having an HI Visa. My employer in US has business outside USA and I have to travel outside USA and sometimes I have stay more than 3 months outside USA. Would there be any problems while reentering to USA within the HI B Visa validity? This travel requirements has been mentioned on the appointment letter.

Is it possible for my employer to file for Green card while I am out of the country? Is it mandatory that I have to be in USA once my employer has applied for my Green card?

On a normal case, how long would it take to get teh Green card once applied?

"I am having an HI Visa. My employer in US has business outside USA and I have to travel outside USA and sometimes I have stay more than 3 months outside USA. Would there be any problems while reentering to USA within the HI B Visa validity? This travel requirements has been mentioned on the appointment letter."
    --> There should not be a problem as long as you carry all the relevant documents with you while crossing the border. This may include - all pay stubs, all tax returns, all 797s, current employment verification letter (check - http://immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19058)

"Is it possible for my employer to file for Green card while I am out of the country?"
    --> Not sure, but I think, A GC for you can be filed ONLY when you are in the country.

"Is it mandatory that I have to be in USA once my employer has applied for my Green card?"
    --> IMHO, once the green card has been filed, you don't have to be in the country. You can travel outside of the country.

"On a normal case, how long would it take to get teh Green card once applied?"
    --> depends on many different factors on specific case as well as general circumstances at USCIS. Currently you can count at least 5 yrs.

Hope this helps!
    -- NS
    Thanks,
    nuser

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X