Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it mandatory to fill DS0156 to take appointment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it mandatory to fill DS0156 to take appointment?

Hi,

My H1 B petition got approved. But, I have to get my papers. I want to book the appointment. Is it mandatory to fill Ds-156 to take the appointment? I am asking because I do not have all the information.

Thanks,
    Ravi

yes it is mandatory to take the appointment

The process is as below

1- Take HDFC bank receipt
    2- Login to VFS site and fill DS-156,157,Petition details
    3- Once these forms are saved u can take the appoinemtnt.

so go ahead fill the forms and take appointment. and dont worry if u fill any info wrong in these forms later u can edit it. BUT make sure that IMP info like Passport no , name , PP expiry and issue dates are filled correctly as they can not be edited. but regarding ur stay in US, any kind of addresses can be edited later.

HTH
    Neeraj

Comment

here i have a doubt,

i have filled my ds - 156 online, but i see in these forums that it should

be filled at the consulate...there will i get access to a piece of paper or

what?

i did not understand...please explain

Comment

no..u dont have to fill anything at the consulate...what ever forms u save while taking the interview date...that formw wil be available for download..u will need to d/n those and take printout....which will be used for ur int with the consulate.

Comment

docs needed for interview

hi
          what sort of financial doc i have to show while interview
          i am on student visa in UK and my father has sponsored me for the education.
          i got my approval for h1b and i am going to india for th einterview
          what financial docs VO needs
          thanks

Comment

Can we take the appointments by going to counsulate...meaning can my sister in india go and get the appointment...She has the HDFC receipt, I can fill 156/157 forms and send it to her...

Online, the dates are NOT available...Please help..thank you

Comment

I'm reading this site..and it says after the hdfc receipt..we should take the appointment...so where can we get those forms..So, I'm confused as to how the forms 156/157 are related to the Bar code mentioned in the hdfc receipt..thank you

Comment

I'm reading this site..and it says after the hdfc receipt..we should take the appointment...so where can we get those forms..So, I'm confused as to how the forms 156/157 are related to the Bar code mentioned in the hdfc receipt..thank you

also see this...
                Applying online
                Step 1: Pay the Application Fee and VFS’ Service Charge at a designated branch of HDFC Bank before applying for a US Visa.

Step 2: Return to this site and click on the Apply for a Non-immigrant Visa link once the fees are paid. You will need to use the barcode number from your HDFC Bank Fee Receipt in order to schedule an appointment.

Step 3: Download and print your Appointment Letter, the Visa Application Forms along with the checklist of documents to be submitted to VFS prior to the interview. You are then required to drop off your application forms with one recent photograph and supporting documentation to any of our Application Centres in Ahmedabad, Mumbai or Pune. Alternatively you may courier the same to: US VFS Tirupati Apartments, Bhulabhai Desai Road, Mumbai 400 026. Your documents must reach us a minimum of 5 working days prior to your scheduled interview date. It is recommended that you forward your documents to us immediately after scheduling an interview.

Step 4: Report to the US Consulate, Mumbai where your appointment for a visa interview is scheduled. You will need to bring your interview appointment letter and all original supporting documents.

Step 5: If you are issued a visa, your passport will be returned to you via courier.

Thanks

Comment

Visa appointment

Can we take the appointments by going to counsulate...meaning can my sister in india go and get the appointment...She has the HDFC receipt, I can fill 156/157 forms and send it to her...

Online, the dates are NOT available...Please help..thank you

---- You have to take the appointment online. Access the vfs website and the application for non-immigrant visa. That will give you all the details. The barcode number of the HDFC receipt has to be entered in one of the columns and thereafter the rest of teh process takes shape.

---- You should ask your sister to scan the HDFC receipt to your email so that you can enter the exact number and name while filling the application form as given on the receipt

---- NO, you cannot go to the US Consulate and take an appointment

---- What dates are not available online? You have to take an appointment for the available dates

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X