Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work permit for H4 VISA holders

Hi,
    I am on H4 visa in usa and my husband is going to file 1-485 for second stage of his green card processing and i want to know if he puts my name in his green card application then am i eligible to work in USA and if yes then on what visa or can i apply for H1B visa if somebody sponsers me...?? your reply is highly appreciated....thanks.

hi

iam sailing thru the same situation as u. do let me know if u have some info on this.

Swetha
    [email protected]

Comment

Wrok Eligibility

I am on H4 visa in usa and my husband is going to file 1-485 for second stage of his green card processing and i want to know if he puts my name in his green card application then am i eligible to work in USA and if yes then on what visa or can i apply for H1B visa if somebody sponsers me...?? your reply is highly appreciated

Once I-485 is filed you can apply for EAD and that will enable you to work with an employer whom you can find

Subramanya

Comment

Currently the 485s are retrogressed 5 years. So only if your husband applied for his green card before 2001, he can apply for his 485. If he applied for his green card last year, he cannot expect to file 485 anytime soon. Its better to find an employer and have your H1b sponsored if he is waiting to file his 485.
        You can always switch back to H4 and get added to his green card whenever you want to.

Comment

who can file for I-130

Hi ,
          I have a question... My husband is applying for I-485 is he elligble for applying I-130 for me or not and also if he applies for Consular Processing then is he eligible for applying I-130 for me or not... reply will be highly appreciated

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X