Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescheduling Appointment..Please help

Hi,

My H1B papers got approved and I took the appointment for 14th Feb 2007. I read in these forums that if I want to reschedule it, first I have to cancel and then rebook the appointment. The problem is if there is some date available before Feb 2007, by the time I cancel my appointment and book a fresh one, the available date may be booked by someone else.

How can we handle such case?

Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Ravi

Hi

steps to follow

1- Cancel first date
    2- fill ds-156,157,petition detail again and save it ( do not take appointmet same time)
    3 - keep watch on the site
    4- any time u get earlier date go to "apply for non-imm visa" link and book the date
    5- u can cancel the date twice after that ur HDFC receipt will get de-activated.
    6- the forms which u have saved will be there for 7 days...if u cant get a date in 7 days forms will be deleted but dont worry...u can again fill the same and save it

HTH
    Neeraj

Comment

Hi Neeraj,

Thanks for your reply. My question : I have the appointment for 14th Feb .if I cancel it and look for any other date before that and if I don't find any date, then, I will lose my original appointment. Isn't it? How can we avoid this risk?

Thanks,
      Ravi

Comment

Ravi,

No way to avoid this risk

Cheers,
        Frederik

Comment

yes....u will loose the current date. and u will need to keep watch on the site to get new date.
          u need to take the risk to cancel the existing date u can not avoid it.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I think it is better to stick to the original date.

Regards,
            Ravi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X