Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Approved, Starts Oct 1st, 06; India Visit

Hi all,

Need some suggestions here. Would greatly appreciate any inputs that anybody has!

My H1-B petition got approved last month and starts from Oct 1st, 2006. I'm currently on my OPT and OPT ends on Sept 5th 2006. I've a gap of 3 weeks in between and cannot work during that time. I want to go to India during that time but not able to get an appointment in Sept in India. Can I go to Mexico / Canada before Oct 1st and get H1 stamped in my passport?

Thanks a lot in advance!

if you have a job, then you can get an emergency appointment in India.

Comment

Yes, I do have a job. The only reason I'm going to India is because I want to utilize this time to go back home as I cannot work anyway. The VFS guys are saying that I cannot get an emergency appointment as I'm not a returning (H1B already stamped) worker.

Has anybody faced such a situation?

Comment

Travel on opt

I am in a similar situation like urs. As per my attorney I can travel before my opt expires like the last day of my opt and get my H1 stamped and return on H1. What u could do is get an appointment at london consulate on way to india get stamped and return on H1. I dont see why u should not be able to do that.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X