Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1

Hi,

Anybody who has applied for H1 on and after May 12th, got the approval?

Thanks in advance
    Aam

Aam,
    My application was received on May 9th but USCIS needs more evidence/information. Any idea what evidence or infor is needed?
    Dont know if any applications were approved.

Comment

Hi Aam
      My receipt date was 12th May
      I got approval on 8th Aug

If I am not wrong you are on H4
      Can you pls suggest me the process for H4
      I want to apply for my wife and kid's H4

Comment

Hi,

AVS - I have no idea what evidence they are talking about. But you can always call up there toll free number and find out.

Harry - you are rt. I am on H4. I also filed on May 12th, but till now there is no news abt anything. Anyways, ur case was processed in which processing center. Mine was initially at Vermont and then they moved it to nebraska.

Getting H4 is easy. Just that she has to have the
        1. marriage certificate
        2. marriage photoes
        3. VO usually asks her couple of Q's like when and where ur marriage was held?

Tell me if u need anything else.

Aam

Comment

Hi Aam
          Mine is also Vermont service center, normal processing

actually my wife is also a software professional, thats why i m worried abt her H4, May be the VO doesn't allow her H4

Comment

Hi Harry,

I was also working for a software company, I had to quit the job to come here and even I had valid L1 (which was stamped in Jan'06) when I went for stamping of H4. I was literally scared that the VO may ask me about L1. But VO herself told me that I can file my H1 and start working again. If u've all the documents properly arranged, then there is no chance of getting rejected.

Let me know...if u need any other info

Regards,
            Aam

Comment

Hi Aam
              Thanx very much for the response

What all documents you carried for the interview for H4. I will take my wife and Kid along with me for the interview.

All the best for your approval

Regards
              Harry

Comment

Hi harry,

U need to carry the following documents for H4(If u r attending in chennai, they will only arrange the documents for U)

1. Passport, visa fee receipt issued by HDFC bank and interview appointment letter.
                2. Original signed visa application forms DS-156 and DS-157 with a recent photograph affixed on form DS-156. Photograph must be as per the specifications given.
                3. Demand draft for Issuance Fee for Rs.2, 300/- favouring “US Embassy, New Delhi” or “American Consulate General, Chennai or Kolkata” as applicable. DDs drawn on co-operative banks are not accepted.
                Note: Mention your Name and Passport number on the reverse side of the demand draft.
                4. The original Notice of Action Form I-797 of the Principal Applicant.
                5. Photocopy of the Principal Applicant’s valid visa (if applying separately).
                6. Original Marriage Certificate (for spouse) along with your entire wedding photo album.

Marriage Certificate and marriage photoes are really important. Sometime VO may ask the date and place of the marriage, just to cross check. So, ask ur wife to be confident. Since, both of u are going together, then I guess there should not be any problem. But I doubt whether ur wife can join you when u come here. Cos consulate people are very concerned about the family, so they may ask ur wife to join u later, may be after a couple of months (cos same thing happened to my friend and his wife).

Aam

Comment

Originally posted by Aam
                  Hi harry,

U need to carry the following documents for H4(If u r attending in chennai, they will only arrange the documents for U)

1. Passport, visa fee receipt issued by HDFC bank and interview appointment letter.
                  2. Original signed visa application forms DS-156 and DS-157 with a recent photograph affixed on form DS-156. Photograph must be as per the specifications given.
                  3. Demand draft for Issuance Fee for Rs.2, 300/- favouring “US Embassy, New Delhi” or “American Consulate General, Chennai or Kolkata” as applicable. DDs drawn on co-operative banks are not accepted.
                  Note: Mention your Name and Passport number on the reverse side of the demand draft.
                  Just a note ... it is 2400/- ref https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/Notice.aspx for details
                  4. The original Notice of Action Form I-797 of the Principal Applicant.
                  5. Photocopy of the Principal Applicant’s valid visa (if applying separately).
                  6. Original Marriage Certificate (for spouse) along with your entire wedding photo album.

Marriage Certificate and marriage photoes are really important. Sometime VO may ask the date and place of the marriage, just to cross check. So, ask ur wife to be confident. Since, both of u are going together, then I guess there should not be any problem. But I doubt whether ur wife can join you when u come here. Cos consulate people are very concerned about the family, so they may ask ur wife to join u later, may be after a couple of months (cos same thing happened to my friend and his wife).

Aam
                  Thx
                  RK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X