Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Extension - can one travel outside USA while case is pending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension - can one travel outside USA while case is pending?

Hello,
    I am currently on an H1B visa and recently filed for my first H1B extension with the California service center. My receipt date was June 26th and I keep checking the USCIS website for updates as to how long processing will take but information has not been updated since August 3rd. I am trying to anticipate when I may expect the approval if it goes through. First it said 8 weeks and now when I called the automated recording says 3-4 months!!

Also, is it possible for me to travel outside of the USA while my case is pending? My return date will probably be after I receive the approval thus not affecting the entry date on my I94 while the case is pending. I would ask my employer to mail me my approval so I can apply for the visa itself overseas.

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated since the USCIS representatives weren't helpful.

Many Thanks!

I am currently on an H1B visa and recently filed for my first H1B extension with the California service center. My receipt date was June 26th and I keep checking the USCIS website for updates as to how long processing will take but information has not been updated since August 3rd. I am trying to anticipate when I may expect the approval if it goes through. First it said 8 weeks and now when I called the automated recording says 3-4 months!!

Also, is it possible for me to travel outside of the USA while my case is pending? My return date will probably be after I receive the approval thus not affecting the entry date on my I94 while the case is pending. I would ask my employer to mail me my approval so I can apply for the visa itself overseas.

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated since the USCIS representatives weren't helpful.

---- Generally, it is possible to travel out of the U.S. while an H1B petition is pending. The beneficiary will generally have to show the following documents at the port of entry: valid, unexpired H1B visa with original approval notice and current original receipt notice

Subramanya

Comment

H1B - Extension Processing Time

I applied for an H1B extension and received a recipt dated June 26th. On average how long are these taking to process?

I keep getting mixed information and the USCIS website information has not been updated since August 3rd. At first I was told 6-8 weeks, now on their Customer service site it is sayin 12-16 weeks.

Any information, even an estimate based on how long others are taking would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X