Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa - 221(g)

Hi,

I'm from Hyderabad and I came to US on H1 Visa in the month of June for my employers project work.

I could not get H4 Visa appointment slot in Chennai consulate for my dependent, so I applied in Delhi Consulate.

Recently my wife went to Delhi consulate and was refused visa under 221(g) category, and was asked to report in Chennai consulate after 120 days from the day of stamping which is unfair.

As per the following URL: http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/refusals221g.html

She can go to nearest consulate office, and visit chennai consulate for stamping.

Can my wife go ahead as per the web site or does she have to wait for 120 days and apply for visa interview.

We can't wait for such long period. We are newly married couple.

suggestions required.

Thanks in advance.

Ganesh

Originally posted by Ganeshhere
    Hi,

I'm from Hyderabad and I came to US on H1 Visa in the month of June for my employers project work.

I could not get H4 Visa appointment slot in Chennai consulate for my dependent, so I applied in Delhi Consulate.

Recently my wife went to Delhi consulate and was refused visa under 221(g) category, and was asked to report in Chennai consulate after 120 days from the day of stamping which is unfair.

As per the following URL: http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/refusals221g.html

She can go to nearest consulate office, and visit chennai consulate for stamping.

Can my wife go ahead as per the web site or does she have to wait for 120 days and apply for visa interview.

We can't wait for such long period. We are newly married couple.
    Sorry to hear so... if they say to wait for 120 days, you need to wait ...no other go I think.

suggestions required.

Thanks in advance.

Ganesh
    HTH
    RK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X