Travel while waiting for H1 visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel while waiting for H1 visa stamping

Friends, I need to get my H1 visa stamped from Canada. I do know that it sometimes take too long to get the visa when they send the case for 'additional processing'. This is the biggest fear I have. Whether I get visa the next day or it is sent for additional processing, in any case, I am planning to go back to my country for a month.

The question I have is that if my case is sent for additional processing, would I still be able to travel outside Canada? In other words, will they return me my passport so that I can travel?

Please reply.

Visa and Travel

I need to get my H1 visa stamped from Canada. I do know that it sometimes take too long to get the visa when they send the case for 'additional processing'. This is the biggest fear I have. Whether I get visa the next day or it is sent for additional processing, in any case, I am planning to go back to my country for a month.

The question I have is that if my case is sent for additional processing, would I still be able to travel outside Canada? In other words, will they return me my passport so that I can travel?

---- Most probably they will give you back the passport as they do not intend holding one's passport for flimsy reasons. Depending on the VO and the issue that they come up with they keep your passport and I-797 or any other document they wish to keep for verification.

---- You can request them to reutrn your passport if there is any issue and they do oblige

---- At best one can say is keep fingers crossed and hope that the visa is stamped and not go through the 'processing issue'

Good luck

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya. Your post is encouraging and very helpful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X