Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer 6 year

Hi Gurus

I have a LC and an approved I-140 from my existing employer. I had arrived in USA in April 2001 and my 6 year term expires in April 2007. However, because of my frequent overseas trips on job (9 months), lot of time has been recaptured and I secured an approval notice till April 2008

I have recently applied for a H1 Transfer through company X and because of an approved I-140 from my previous employer , I secured a 3 year extension of H1 till August 2009. I have been advised earlier by a few people to get a LC approved before my six year term (April 2007 to be conservative) . Unfortunately, the new employer's policies allow the start of GC processing only after six months from the joining date. I plan to join them September 1 which means that the earliest application can be made only in March- April 2007.

My questions are
    (1) Is there any risk in my legal status in USA if I join the new employer since the LC application is made only at the end of my six year term (April 2007) ?

(2)Does this in anyway negatively influence my green card processing ?

(3) If I travel overseas in the interim , is there any risk of not getting my visa stamped with the revised expiry date of August 2009?

I appreciate your responses as I need to make a decision soon . Thanks for your patience

Best regards

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X